Australian High Commission

Services for Australians

Services for Australians Overseas

What we can and cannot do

Australian Consular Service Charter

Travel information for Australians

Smartraveller has the latest, authoritative travel advice so you can be informed and prepared about overseas travel. Subscribe to receive travel advice updates - by simply supplying your name and email address – straight to your inbox.

You can now also subscribe to the new SMS service - by supplying your mobile number – to receive critical alerts in the event of a crisis overseas.

In a crisis, Smartraveller will activate a crisis page on its website. It will make it easier for you or someone you know to contact the Australian Government if you need help. It will supplement the consular emergency hotline.

Visit to subscribe or connect with Smartraveller on Facebook and Twitter @smartaveller.


Apply for a passport online

Living in Country

Former residents

A gateway to information about Australian government benefits, payments and support services 

Department of Human Services - International services - Pension and social security payments

Centerlink International Services (CIS)

Click here for information about services available to Centrelink customers intending to travel or living overseas.

Click here for telephone numbers for Centrelink International Services, including free call numbers from a number of countries.

Alternatively, Centrelink International Services can be contacted by:

Fax: +61 3 6222 2799
Email: [email protected]
Mail: GPO Box 273, Hobart TASMANIA 7001, Australia

Returning to Australia