- About us
- Visas and Citizenship
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Australia-Pakistan relationship
- Development cooperation
- Travel advice
- Register with us
AUSTRALIAN HIGH COMMISSION
Canning by-election 2015: A by-election for the federal electoral Division of Canning in Western Australia will be held on Saturday 19 September 2015. Please visit the link below for additional information:
Australian Passport Fees - Overseas Surcharge to apply from 1 July 2015From 1 July 2015 passport applications lodged overseas will incur an additional fee (overseas surcharge). The additional fee will be A$100 for all adult applications, and A$50 for all child applications. The fee will not apply to emergency passport applications. For further information please email email@example.com
- 19 June 2015 - Media Release - Ramadan 2015 - Message from the Prime Minister of Australia, The Hon. Tony Abbott MP
- 7 May 2015 - Media Release - New development assistance to Pakistan
- 6 May 2015 - Media Release - Foreign Minister Visit to Pakistan
- 17 February 2015 - Australia inaugurates milk collection centre in South Punjab
- 12 February 2015 - Message from the Australian High Commissioner to Pakistan on Cricket World Cup 2015
- 23 January 2015 - Australian High Commissioner congratulates returning graduates
Operation Sovereign Borders
OSB Key Messages
- The Australian Government has introduced its toughest border protection measures ever called Operation Sovereign Borders (OSB).
- Under the policy, anyone who comes to Australia illegally by boat without a visa will never be settled in Australia.
- The policy applies to everyone: families, children, unaccompanied children, educated and skilled. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- The Australian Government’s policy is intended to deter people smugglers by denying them a product to sell and prevent tragic deaths at sea.
- There are two options for people who travel illegally by boat to Australia:
o they will be intercepted and safely removed from Australian waters; or
o they will be sent to another country for offshore processing.
- Processing and resettlement in Australia will never be an option.
- OSB is working as intended. There has been a very substantial and sustained reduction in maritime ventures and potential illegal immigrants attempting to reach Australia.
The Travel Advisory for Pakistan has been reviewed and reissued on Tuesday, 7 July 2015
This Advice was last issued on Tuesday, 07 July 2015. This advice has been reviewed and updated. It includes new information including on recent terrorist attacks and advice that some bottled water in Pakistan may be contaminated. The level of the advice has not changed. We continue to strongly advise Australians to reconsider their need to travel to Pakistan.
Further information is in the travel advice for Pakistan and our travel bulletin available at www.smartraveller.gov.au.
Subscribe to receive e-mail updates when travel advisories change.
Are you an Australian visiting or living in Pakistan?
If so, are you registered with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade? It is in the interests of all Australians in Pakistan to register.
Registration allows consular staff to contact you in the event of an emergency such as a natural disaster or a terrorist attack. Any details provided are kept confidential and only used in the event of an emergency.